IMAGINE - LEVEL 5
Project Title: Sustainable Cities & Transportation
Essential Question: What are sustainable and effective ways to commute to school?
UN Sustainable Development Goal: 11 – Susteinable Cities and Communities
Learning Goals & Skills
• Understand the role of transportation in a sustainable city.
• Compare and contrast different types of transportation regarding sustainability and impact on the environment.
• Identify multiple ways to commute in a city.
• Use critical thinking to make conclusions about sustainable ways to commute.
• Collaborate with peers to create a visual way to communicate to the school community sustainable ways to commute to school.
A map or visual aid to be displayed in the school entrance informing different ways to commute to school; pointing out different transportation services around school and the most sustainable and effective ways to get there.
In this unit, students will:
• Talk about musical instruments.
• Listen to information about the Recycled Orchestra of Cateura.
• Talk about completed actions in the past.
• Read an article about Indian music and dance.
• Discuss music in different cultures.
• Use adverbs of manner to talk about how they do things.
• Identify the value of being yourself.
• Write an email to a friend.